
To the most amazing husband and father I know,
I never doubted you would be the greatest dad. You are gentle and kind. You are selfless and patient. You are goofy. You dance, sing, squawk, make faces, and just about everything else to make our baby laugh. You hold the flowery diaper bag without shame. You replace the words in EVERY song you hear to make it about Ruby. You wake up at 2:00/3:00/4:00 am to take care of baby so I can sleep. You volunteer to change poopy diapers. You do the funkiest dance moves because they make her squeal. You push the stroller because it gives you a better view of our little girl. You get a look of glowing pride when people ask about her. You carry the car seat because my twig arms are too weak. You wash bottles... A lot. You swoop in all heroically when I'm out of patience. You blow raspberries on her teeny belly. You come up with the funniest/cutest pet names for her. You have private conversations with her that melt my heart. You show photos of her to strangers. You don’t get jealous. You youtube Baby Einstein videos. You do the laundry... A lot. You hold her while she gets her shots. You tell me about something you heard about "homemade baby food/a new toy/ this cool stroller." You rinse, I wash. You think being a dad is cool (it is). You laugh when she covers you in barf. Your voice goes up two octaves when you talk to her. You sometimes sway back and forth without realizing you're not still holding her. You are wrapped around her tiny finger.
You make us so unbelievably happy and we love you more than you'll ever know.
Happy Father's Day!
No comments:
Post a Comment